Telecaster control plates

So, to go along with all the guitars I’ve been engraving lately, I started doing control plates. Did a few (unpictured) that we’re requested, and then this week ripped out a bunch more on spec to sell.

42 Likes

I’m a guitar noob. What’s a control plate?

3 Likes

That’d be the plate that sits under the pickup switch and tone and volume knobs.

12 Likes

i was just about to post this:

6 Likes

i’ve already done pickguards. control plates were a request. and i think next i need to start thinking about thin (veneer?) pieces to go on the headstock.

3 Likes

Think what you can do with your laser and some mother-of-pearl inlays. Get a sheet of MOP and go nuts.

4 Likes

I like this niche, very cool.

1 Like

Great stuff! Personalized everything!!

1 Like

Those are super nice. Are some of them leather? Really like the 3D ones especially.

1 Like

Cool stuff!

1 Like

All of them are wood, except the blue, white and black ones on the left of the second pic. Those are acrylic.

1 Like

The detail is great. Especially like the engraved ones on the top. Show us one of these on the guitar.

2 Likes

Lovely details! I’m with @pubultrastar and want to see one installed on a guitar for the full effect!

3 Likes

i can install one on my tele this weekend. not sure how it will look on my finish (baby blue), these would probably be best suited to a natural finish, but who knows.

1 Like

I would think the white would be good…

1 Like

yeah, and i do have a white pickguard (just not engraved like that).

1 Like

If only there was a way to engrave it… :thinking:

:rofl:

3 Likes

hah! yeah, but then i’d have to buy a new piece of white acrylic. i’m not 100% sure what kind of plastic/acrylic this pickguard is made of. and it’s 3 layer (white/black/white).

Looks nice!

I’m thinking about buying a guitar but since I have no talent I will probably do stuff like this more than learning to play it…

2 Likes

i have little to no talent, but 4 guitars and 3 amps.

1 Like