Test topic, now favorite candies

“Cases of poisoning are mostly chronic in nature, not acute; however, binging on licorice has also resulted in toxicity. Symptoms of licorice toxicity may include the following: Fatigue and muscle cramping . Dark urine (myoglobinuria) Weakness (hypokalemia, myopathies)”

1 Like

We had a friend years ago who was taken to the E.R. because of sudden difficulty breathing and weakness. She was treated by a new doctor, who, when he asked her what her symptoms were, asked her what she had to eat. Found out that the Good N’ Plenty candies she ate every night reacted very badly with her medications she was on. She was told to quit eating licorice for good. She did.

2 Likes

Worth it.

3 Likes

I like those…but the other day my dad’s wife gave some unopened packs to us…and it was the first time I ever had one that tasted stale. So I’m put off for a little bit (it was a good thing-I wasn’t supposed to be eating those)…

Though I think it’s so similar to kinder chocolates that I’m happy just eating kinder…happy hippo anyone? Also, I forgot my other favorites…Kit Kat and Twix. I also prefer Milky Ways to Snickers…and I love 3 Musketeers…and PayDays… My goodness, it’s probably a good thing I cut out sugar, diabetes and I were close to forming a life long relationship.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.