Text Tool feature request - grow from reference point

I’m starting to do multiple iterations of things (this time, engraving notebook covers) and have jumped in to using the GF design tools. I’ve got a logo set to engrave on each of the 2 notebooks on the machine, and then 2 text items below them. Engrave this set, take them out, put in 2 new ones on my alignment marks, change the names, do 2 more.

Issue is that each name is slightly different length, and as I change them, it keeps the lower-left (upper-left?) location the same and grows to the right. I’m trying to have the text centered beneath the logo, so I have to go back, click on the text, use the ruler tool, switch it to center reference and re-enter the center-X value. Not the worst thing in the world, but would be nice to have a way to control where the refence point is (like in the rule) for text, so as we type in more or less it adjusts from the reference.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for the trouble! That’s a great idea for a text tool feature - thanks for the suggestion! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request. I’m going to close this thread, but feel free to post a new topic if you encounter any other issues!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.