Text2Vector (Free Vector Text Generator)

I’ve made a similar tool… Maybe we should join forces?

9 Likes

Hey, that looks sweet! I like the upload feature. This looks pretty full featured.

Nice work. Are you actively developing new features?

2 Likes

Would you look at all those fonts! Thanks!

2 Likes

Sure, I am developing new features and anybody can make a feature request through Github issues.

2 Likes

Your output looks just as complicated and bloated as Hershey Text from Inkscape.

I do like that you have the different fonts, but how is this different than using Inkscape? (Other than the load times.)

Do you have an option for a less complicate font and bezier-curves?

Edit: Reviewing the network transmission, it looks like your app could use a font that uses bezier-curves. It just looks like you don’t have any fonts that do it. I might see if I can generate a font file that works with your app.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this too. I am sure it will be very helpful to lots of people here.

When I first started this project for myself, it was just to make something less complicated. I was trying to keep the complexity and size of the final product low.

3 Likes

Yeah, my tool is not much different than Hershey Text in Inkscape, it’s just more convenient (can be used on tablet) and has a few more options.

It supports SVG fonts so bezier curves are not a problem, just the glyphs have to be in certain format within the SVG font.

There is also this interesting project that allows creating of SVG fonts: https://github.com/inconvergent/gridfont

3 Likes

Do SVG fonts support kerning (adjustments between certain combinations of characters)?

I didn’t see a place for that type of data in the source file for the SVG fonts.

Do you have a link to use to submit feature requests? I could not find the project on GitHub.

Please let me know if anyone has any issues with this tool, or if you have any suggestions! Thanks!

Looks like I could also allow for different fonts if that is of interest? I would want to slightly modify them to bezier curves (of course) to simplify the nodes. So if that is a desired feature, please let me know which public font you are interested in!

4 Likes

Not to pressure you or anything, but I’d love to see what you could do to optimize a few more fonts.

1 Like

Do you have a font in mind? Or should I just grab one? I might start with the default “Hershey Text” font. (Would call the new version “T2V Hershey Text”.)

1 Like

Bauhaus?
Colonna?

2 Likes

This is not a good candidate for bezier curves, but I’d love to have a version of the old font used on Atari vector arcade machines, such as Asteroids. But that’s simple enough that even I could probably do it.

The one I think would be really cool for a lot of people in the CNC space would be a (fixed pitch?) drafting font, like you would see on one of those plastic ruler-templates.

ES7205-Alvin-TD260V-Modern-Bold-Lettering-Template-md

4 Likes

That was my first thought but that’s pretty much what we’ve already got, no?

2 Likes

“I told him we already got one!”

EDIT: Auto-play video removed to preserve forum tranquility.

2 Likes

Please no auto play audio. Can’t safely read forum during Zoom calls.

5 Likes

Just say “I thought I told you kids to stay out of my office while I’m working!”

Duly noted.

2 Likes

I’m loving this but as it rapidly evolves I’m having trouble with version control. Would it be too much to ask for version # somewhere on the page? I’m caught up for now but…

1 Like

That is a great idea! I will implement that for the next version.

1 Like