Text2Vector (Free Vector Text Generator)

No problem! I made it for myself and shared it with the community and they helped make it better! So this has been a community project!

3 Likes

For those of you with an iPad, I found some very easy ways to convert text, drawings, or designs to an SVG file. If you take a screen shot (crop it and clean it up if you need to) of basically any design, you can convert it to SVG using Imageconverter or VectorConverter or even online for free if you donā€™t want to use an app. Anything I make in Cricut Design Space I can take a screenshot of and have it converted for cutting or whatever! It is so quick and easy for those of us who have not started using Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator.

2 Likes

This is for single-line text. For very small text that you just want a single line for.

Your method can create an SVG but that is completely different from what we are going for here.

Thanks - just wanted to share a tip and this was the first one I found closest to the topic.

Thatā€™s what the ā€œnew topicā€ button is for.

Your tip is not much use buried in a completely different discussion.

1 Like

Thanks. I am pretty new and canā€™t access that yet.

A link might be useful there if allowed yet :slightly_smiling_face:

https://convertio.co/vector-converter/

Here you go!

1 Like

Thankyou!
It does need a lot of cleanup. Gimp will do a better job I think, and most of the cleanup needed in Gimp is also needed in this. I was hoping for better than Gimp.

Iā€™m still learning as a newbie but one thing I have to point out is how much Iā€™m learning and how fast and itā€™s largely because of the generosity of this community - advice, guidance, tools and time, all given kindly - fantastic! Thank you all so much and this tool looks amazing - I look forward to playing around with it!

6 Likes