Thank you, Dan and everyone at Glowforge!

Love this! Have fun getting your studio ready…that’s all part of the fun and excitement.:relaxed:

9 Likes

Thanks so much, all! We’re not going to rest easy until ALL of you have your Glowforges… lots of work left. But today feels good. :slight_smile:

31 Likes

I think it just shows how things are in our world of instant gratification. Very few folks have any idea of what it takes to manufacture a product. Even less for a product that basically opens a new market for a product that wasn’t in their price range as an option. (Kind of like Ford did with automobiles for the masses)
I had no disillusion. I signed on expecting a well made, well designed product whenever the necessities of production allow.
Now that time appears just around the corner and I for one am sad that I cannot attend the Faire to see it first hand.

9 Likes

I’ve been a die hard supporter from day 1; never had any doubts. :slight_smile:

Well, discourse settings peeved me off one time, but that’s different than supporting / not supporting GF…

7 Likes

One thing anyone doubting that Pros will be shipping soon just need to remember that Pro units make up a significant majority of their orders; It will be very bad for them if they don’t get them ready very soon. Also, they have already done testing and gotten feedback on pro components in basic chassis, so they are likely a lot closer than most of us realize!

4 Likes

So I assume if I have no idea what email is being referenced, I’m not among the lucky few in the “first batch”? Just wondering if anyone knows more details for those of us who didn’t get an emails? Thanks! Hype!

2 Likes

Just make sure to check your Spam folder. :slight_smile:

Whitelist any communications from ***@glowforge.com . (Rita coordinated the units for the PRU users, but I’m not sure where the new emails are going to come from.)[quote=“joe, post:31, topic:7838, full:true”]
The Email came from hello@glowforge.com.
[/quote]

Thanks joe!

4 Likes

BTW Did you order the Basic or the Pro?

Only the Basic Owners are currently getting the notification and those who ordered before Oct 25, 2015.

1 Like

Basic model, here. And yeah checking the spam folder too. After a more meticulous crawl through the forums, I’m seeing others like me, confused and hoping for an email, and I don’t feel so alone. Either way, it’s exciting if finished units are shipping out! It feels more likely that I’ll get a glowforge this summer rather than another postponement.

2 Likes

That is a very true statement. Been a long 18 month wait (as measured from Dec 2015 missed shipping date), but the summer happy dancing will be seen in June through August. :raised_hands::wave::rotating_light:

3 Likes

The Email came from hello@glowforge.com.

6 Likes

That is the first place I have seen that used (beyond the very bottom of the http://glowforge.com web page)

1 Like

If you are a Basic customer, it would probably take a major fall-through in the Logistics/courier department to cause delay of yours past shipping deadline.

1 Like