Thank you everyone for all the tips. I am done with them! Yeah! !Nail saver answer -

I have to take off masking of acrylic proofgrade in 140 of these 1.5" circles. Anyone with a better alternative than pulling it by nail? I know it may sound like a very dumb question, but… still new enough to not know all the answers.
I am thinking on soaking them on dawn, but before I possibly create a gooey mess I decided to ask.
Thank you!!!

If you use some gorilla tape it should pull off all the small bits for you.

2 Likes

What they said, or a plastic razor blade.

4 Likes

Ok, I will definitely try that. I had seen the mention of gorilla tape, but didn’t think it would work for these tiny little devils! :wink:
Thank you!!!

I always forget about those, need to make or buy a few.

1 Like

I will get that too!!! I will try anything and everything!! Thank you!!!

If it’s acrylic, just submerge it in water in a bowl, they should float right off.

4 Likes

REALLY??? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I will try it right now!!! Thank you!!!

teh smaller the bits, the better gorilla tape is for getting them off cleanly.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

I found it works best on them,
Also Purell hand sanitizer will dissolve the adhesive nicely, but will also dissolve any MDF not so nicely.
I also use the scrap edges of any acrylic I have cut.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will give the acrylic edges a try. I tried the water, it helped a lot, but I still had to scrape a little, so maybe the acrylic pieces will work for now until I get gorilla tape. So excited about getting it!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together, Also the adhesive is stronger than most any other.

2 Likes

Duct tape rules! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Didn’t work for me, but thanks anyway. I did try!

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! You guys are awesome and so is Gorilla tape!!!

9 Likes

What @eflyguy said… plastic razor blades are a must have.

1 Like

… except they come in packs of 100. I’m still using the same one (individual blade) since I got the machine three years ago!

4 Likes

i’m not as gentle with them as you, i guess. i’ve mangled my fair share of plastic blades.

1 Like

lifetime supply

2 Likes