Thanks to Glowforge for the NY Maker Faire Grant!

I did too and it was kind of embarrassing. (Especially after seeing the videos of the grant offerings - not gonna do that again.)

I’m confused, I would be proud to see my work displayed as an example.
Videos of the grant offerings? :thinking:

1 Like

Awww! Thanks for sharing! I wish I could have been there! Looks so fun :squeeee:

1 Like

She’s being ridiculous :wink:

2 Likes

Just all the little bits that the attendees have shown in the pictures and vids shared here.

Am not! And you guys need to send a few to them for the next show, there is no way I’m allowing my stuff to sit out there by itself again. They need some more professional artwork, not plain little bleh! stuff that’s not even decorated properly. :smile:

Yes, they were on display at the Glowforge booth.

1 Like

Does that have anything to do with your

:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

4 Likes

I know the creator has the most critical eye, but I agree with Drea. You are a lot better than you give yourself credit for.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that. Just not sure that my stuff fits in there. At last year’s MF, I noticed that all of the display items were “print and go” pieces. That is not a knock (not at all) but it seems to promote the @marmak3261 aesthetic of “justonetool”.

As much as I’d like to make print & go stuff, it just doesn’t seem to be how I’m wired. Everything that I make consists of many (probably too many) steps, of which the laser is just one. I worry that this goes against the plug and play/ease of use that is such a huge part of their marketing?

4 Likes

I would think that your work would be a great fit, just pick something that a substantial portion was done on the :glowforge:

1 Like

No, that’s just me not being able to stand the pain anymore. Hope i didn’t screw things up or I might be finding myself frequenting the Epilog forum.

For you and @PrintToLaser, (and several other artists around here) that’s exactly why they need to be displaying your stuff. They aren’t just showing this to people who want to make print and go stuff, they will be marketing it to artists and artisans as well.

Seriously, send @Bailey a couple of things before April or whenever the next show is. Who knows what will appeal to the next customer?

And @markevans36301 - one of those Mayan tool holders. :wink:

And @davidgal2 - one of your kitty slates (or puppy), or one of Martha’s builds of the smaller lithop box.

Needs to be a group effort.

6 Likes

Tell you what - you submit something and I’ll do the same. I’m being genuine, no snark!

My only caveat is that I can’t do so till after Halloween (I’m already flagging, and it’s still a month out). In fact, I need to get off this forum and get some real work done already :wink:

3 Likes

Done, this seems to be a forum favorite so I’ll perfect it and send one in.

2 Likes

Squeeeeee! :squeeee::squeeee::squeeee:

Fair enough. I can’t promise a time either but it will be before their next big show.

1 Like

Do we know when that is? @bailey can you weigh in on that?

Probably Maker Faire Bay Area, but we haven’t committed to anything yet.

3 Likes

Best MFNY question was from (IIRC) @Tom_A about could you engrave a marshmallow? And I pointed out I had done a peep without problems…

2 Likes

I still laugh about your story of running into a store for peeps and mustard seeds! :joy:

3 Likes