Thanksgiving update

:checkered_flag: The finish line is getting closerā€¦
Great news! And Iā€™m flattered that my quote was actually used! :grin:

20 Likes

Speculation, but in terms of variables Glowforge has no control over, certifications are the only thing I can think ofā€¦ They may have been secured for all I know, but I would expect that would be something that @dan would be eager to announce.

7 Likes

Looks like everything has been said, so I just want to thank you all for your efforts to deliver a product of this quality. This is my first time supporting a starter but I think will be the best :squee:

10 Likes

Wicked Puuuuuuuuumped! Thanks @dan for the pre update to the update!

29 Likes

Sorry but is anyone else a bit excited to see all the naysayers eat crow very soon?? lol

Such good newsā€¦

46 Likes

My first also, I may not have without the refund guarantee.
The year waiting has the anticipation cranked.

13 Likes

Crossing my fingers. I have a lot of people doubting that itā€™ll come outā€¦ I am looking forward to blowing them away with it. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Shootā€¦my folks donā€™t understand it at allā€¦but theyā€™ve always thought I was a little bit nuts, so they havenā€™t given me too rough a time over it.

17 Likes

So, the next questions are 1 - when will we have access to the online Glowforge tool set, and 2 - the online catalog?

4 Likes

Wait, wait, waitā€¦ This makes it seem like these things are actually going to happen. Iā€™m so used to sitting in front of my screen and DREAMING about the possibility for the last yearā€”HOLY COW!

Iā€™M NOT READY!!!

Iā€™ve got to start making room for this thing. I gotta actually read the forum posts Iā€™ve been skipping for the last year so I know what materials are gonna disintegrate my lungs or burn my house down and which ones Iā€™ll actually be able to use. Iā€™ve gotta figure out a plan of attack for the 700+ projects Iā€™ve just been stockpiling on Pinterest and Evernote (thatā€™s actually not an exaggeration. Iā€™ve literally been saving everything in the off chance it sparks an idea or solution in the future). I gotta load up on all kinds of other stuff, like sandpaper, glue, LED Lights, hinges, paint supplies, wood stainsā€”I donā€™t even know what all!

Iā€™M SO EXCITED I CANā€™T WAIT!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

41 Likes

Humor is so powerful.
You are just nuts enough to make it through a life on Earth, emerge with a smile for the reaper - and put him in his place! :sunglasses:

Me? Crazy enough to snicker at myself as Iā€™m crawling from the wreckage.

12 Likes

Yup - Iā€™m the one down near Vasona Lake. Milpitas isnā€™t literally on my way home, but itā€™s a stoneā€™s throw from the office, and could make a nice detour if it were actually feasible to pick up my unit right from the factory, rather than have to risk it in shipping :slight_smile:

8 Likes

As discussed before, prerelease are quasi beta. They go to beta volunteer but donā€™t get returned if all goes well.

6 Likes

hahaha quasi betaā€¦ so like a Gamma?

9 Likes

Heck yeah!

5 Likes

Thanks for the update Dan!! Iā€™m sure I speak for a lot of people ā€” we are excited!

7 Likes

In my usual overly exuberant mannerā€¦ OK. Thanks for the info.

26 Likes

From the flextronics.com website: ā€œā€¦specializing in Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principlesā€¦ā€

In case anybody else was curious and didnā€™t know, like me:

13 Likes

Definitely! It will manifest as a warm and satisfied part of my heart!

3 Likes

From their website:

And in todayā€™s competitive climate, we provide a secure work environment with dedicated stealth manufacturing facilities to help protect our customersā€™ intellectual property. With advanced security and restricted access, these facilities keep proprietary products and processes safe throughout the entire manufacturing process.

Youā€™ll need this:
https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Deluxe-Ninja-Costume-Black/dp/B002ARMWWK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1479942651&sr=8-5&keywords=ninja+clothes

13 Likes