The app won't load images

The application is taking forever to load SVG’s I don’t understand why. Your client's web browsing configuration - code: ZYGJJKK - WhatIsMyBrowser.com

1 Like

In my case, in the past it has been the size of the file. There is no issue currently showing on their end but there could be one that has not been found or reported yet. I have also noticed that since I have upgraded my laptop memory to 32GB my upload time as been faster even with large files…

Also currently having this issue, and not only on new files, but also on files already loaded onto the app. Seems like a new rendering issue. I’m using Edge as my browser, and didn’t have any issues with it yesterday.

Hello @digitalpowers,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear your Glowforge is having some connectivity trouble today.

I took a look at the logs for your unit and it looks like your Glowforge is able to connect successfully to your network, but is having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message.

In these logs we have a record of the average signal strength the Glowforge is capturing from the network it’s connected to. On average, this signal strength has been low over the last week, with average strength at around -70dBm as of today .

For more context, on networks with very good signal strength, this will often run closer to -30dBm. A signal strength at -70dBm or lower would be very difficult to stay connected to.

The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.

1. Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
  2. Turn off your Glowforge
  3. Unplug your modem
  4. Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
  5. Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, I have two more suggestions that should help:

1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
    Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
  • Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
  • Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
  • Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
  • Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
  • Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
  1. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
    If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

Please let me know how it goes after trying the steps above. Thank you!

2 Likes

Staff can only respond to one person per thread - but as a quickie guess I’d get away from Edge. Chrome is recommended, but Firefox or Safari also work well. If that doesn’t fix your issue you should open your own thread.

1 Like

Thank you Morgan!

@digitalpowers you’re very welcome. Are things working better for you now?

I am still having trouble with images rendering after I have placed them. I am wondering if the SVG’s are to large or something.

Morgan I am not sure what has changed between today and yesterday but things are going much quicker. Thank you for your help and fast replies.

Good morning, @digitalpowers, I’m glad to hear things have improved today. I checked your WIFI signal strength just now and it really hasn’t changed from yesterday, so you might still run into some intermittent connectivity trouble. If you do, try the steps I sent previously, they should help.

I’ll leave this thread open a bit longer so that we can monitor the situation. If you start running into continuous connectivity trouble, let me know. I have a few additional things we can try.

Hey @digitalpowers, It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.