The boys say hello from snowy Boston

I love threads with little kids. (Of all kinds!) :smile:

And I think I have a new favorite phrase…“Okay, twas a random goat event”.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s what time is doing to us, I remember when she was born… Last week…?

4 Likes

No Rocky is totally the herd leader here (kind of a bully to his little brother actually)

3 Likes

That’s pretty much the setup to a horror film. The basic problem is that goats are kind of morons. They are enthusiastically moronic, which makes it a bit more of a problem. The only reason there are goats in the world is that they are basically indestructible; the lack of basic common sense is staggering. It would be pretty much like letting your 2-year-old use your chainsaw… Which is why they get along so well with my friends’ toddlers (same mind set)

12 Likes

Pooping, eating and bashing into things…

5 Likes

They are just too cute!

And they know it, and use it to mooch treats off visitors. I need to laser a sign that says “Don’t believe us (we lie), we ate within the last 5 minutes

4 Likes

Earlier in the week we took down the giant goat donut in the sky on the barn:

And then I shoved it into their hut. It took the two of them a week to finish it:

(I love that Butterscotch often looks like he is photobombing his own pictures)

11 Likes

This phrase is amazing!

4 Likes

And of course we have little patriots uniforms for them (we have the GOAT goat!). Because nothing is cuter than goats in pants. Since Tom Brady lives a few miles from the barn, I sent an email to the Krafts (the Krafts’ grandkids go to my kids school, and one of them was my summer intern at the hospital) to see if we could get a photo with Tom in uniform with the boys in uniform… Haven’t heard back…

10 Likes

While I’m sure it’s true …THIS is hilarious. What a great description of a goat. And a purely scientific one at that, I’m sure. :grin:

1 Like

Collective Awwwww.

My morning was devoid of cuteness. We just got a layer of slush overnight that didn’t look like much, but weighed a ton.

7 Likes

My daughter sums it up with “all the goats in the world have one shared brain cell between them, but today isn’t your goat’s turn”

7 Likes

We got a foot of snow. Up to his neck. Ran (swam?) back and forth across the yard twice and was exhausted and ready to go back inside…

#Snowshark

11 Likes

It just keeps getting better and better!

4 Likes

Appreciated all the fun in this thread … As did my grandchildren!

4 Likes

I recently made a nice little bridge for them on the play structure I built out of a downed tree (which we jokingly call the “skybridge”) which of course instantly led to “oh, we can now fight on multiple levels!” Luckily their indestructible nature comes into play here, where they don’t get hurt by goring each other with their pretty sharp horns… I need to finally try this out on my goats (I suspect as dwarf goats they are quicker with less force than the full sized guys):

4 Likes

BTW For those who care that is 2x6" knotty cedar which I filleted with a router using a 1/2" roundover bit and then countersunk the 1/4"x3" lag bolts into countersinks by 1/2" forstner bits. (goats love the cedar shavings from the Forstner as an afternoon snack apparently). The bridge has a 1/4" space between the 2 planks for drainage. I used cedar as I was worried they’d eat pressure treated and get sick. At least cedar is edible.

The stump on the right side of the bridge is the remains of a willow that came down last winter, which we tried to pull with the tractor put couldn’t move it, so decided to incorporate it.

3 Likes

The boys were struggling in the deep snow on the hike this morning. It’s up to their chests. and it was exhausting breaking trail for them (they are too light to really break up the crust, and if they bunny-hop they just get their legs stuck).

But that didn’t stop Butterscotch from climbing on Rocky’s back to get to the “treat pocket” in my hoodie.

And when we got near the barn on the way back, Rocky shot ahead out of excitement:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.