"The Cortez" - My First Project for the "Binge" Art Show (Dec 2018)

I always worked in Stained Glass and Cast Glass for any art show I participated in … until I got my Glowforge! I’m hooked!

This was my first piece completely done on the Glowforge inspired by American Horror Story Season 4 - “Hotel”. The set design and detail was so beautiful in that series that the hotel had to come to life … and what better pop culture art show than one dedicated to “Binge” watching TV shows!

I didn’t have time to complete the piece to my liking and, after the show, figured out how to create wood inlay floors (thanks to all the lovely thread posts out there). I haven’t completed assembly with the new floor but have a pic below to show the inlay progress.

Thanks!

134 Likes

That’s amazing! The perspective is perfect (something I have difficulty with). Can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

2 Likes

I actually learned a thing or two about perspective drawing in working on this … I’m not much of drawer but i can block design decently. I found that having lines radiating out from one focal point (the center of the elevator in this case) allowed me to make the perspective much more crisp. Inkscape has a nice little “perspective” tool that takes flat drawings and distorts them to the shape you need … soooo helpful!

6 Likes

This is incredible!

3 Likes

Wow. Amazing piece.

2 Likes

Let me just say HOLY CRAP and WOW!!!

5 Likes

Very elegant! Nice job on the perspective too.
Welcome to the forum!
Over the years it has become clear to me that the expertise gathered here is valuable resource for our lasers. Your ability is a welcome addition! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Phenomenal! I hope you keep posting inspiration too! :grinning:

5 Likes

Very much appreciated!!! I’ve learned so much on these forums and your comments always catch my eye (HUGE horror fan … Shining is my fave … even stayed at the Stanley one summer). Happy to finally come out of my shell and share some of what I’ve learned!!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This has to be one of the coolest well thought out things I have seen on here. Well done.

5 Likes

Oh, wow! I’m speechless!

3 Likes

Not only is the design perfect, but all of the pieces fit perfectly. I envy your beautiful work. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Jaw dropping.

4 Likes

Incredible! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Wow. Just mind-blowing!

3 Likes

This is astounding!!! So well done!!

3 Likes

Nicely done!

3 Likes

just wow!

4 Likes

As everyone has said, WOW!! Love the detail - including the frame edge.

4 Likes

I have seen that but not figured out what to do with it, yours is stunning :heart_eyes:

4 Likes