"The Cortez" - My First Project for the "Binge" Art Show (Dec 2018)

This is one of the top 10 projects I’ve seen. Stunning. I am going to study this for a long time.

7 Likes

Very impressive! Well done!
I’ve taken a pic of something similar to this art to make something similar but you nailed it!

Well done!

3 Likes

Thank you soooo much! It’s hard to tell from the photos, but the piece is 10 layers. The floor alone (carpet part) is 6 layers. Stairs start around layer 5 and everything is stacked from there. I’m a huge fan of the depth perspective that can be achieved with layered wood work … Gotta love that Glowforge! :smile:

8 Likes

It does?!? I gotta go dig that one up!

4 Likes

That’s just…wow

The perspective
The layering
The depth on the stairs
You even nailed the frickin’ ceiling!

:squeeee:

3 Likes

It really helps me to color code my layers and a basic rainbow color scheme helps me to keep track of the layer order (Red-1, Orange -2, Yellow - 3 …).

21 Likes

I like the ROY G BIV schema … will have to start using that as I design to order the operations of each project. :glowforge::sunglasses:

3 Likes

OMG! This is amazing!

2 Likes

All the words have been used for how magnificent this is. A stunning study in perspective and inlay. Mind boggling.

5 Likes

You are a master at it too. It looks like you could walk right into the “room”! :star_struck:

3 Likes

gorgeous!

3 Likes

Oh … forgot to mention … the carpet design by the set creator was an homage to the carpet in the Shining. :smile:

4 Likes

Oh, how cool!
There’s a project for the glowforge gallery!!

5 Likes

Official title is Production Designer. I happen to know him, I’m passing this along. I’m sure he’ll be quite delighted.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Amazing work! the perspective pieces are stunning! I will be spending a long time looking at them and sorting them out. Wonderful!

3 Likes

Awesome!!!

1 Like

This is magnificent!

5 Likes

Brilliant. All the loves much deserved

2 Likes

Awesome project—just amazing! You really should take commissions.

3 Likes