The cutting fonction didn't go through the materiel

it’s like my a darker engrave instead of of a regular cut. When i turn the materiel the laser didn’t even go through it. Please help

It sounds like the lens may be in backwards. Have you checked that?

1 Like

not yet, my kids throw the tool i need away. do you know if i can use something else instead
thank you

Well if you have not used the tool in a while then I doubt its as much backwards but maybe overdue for a cleaning. You really need to always have that tool on hand. I would certainly order a replacement tool ASAP but you can also post a picture of the lens in your print head and maybe someone will be able to let you know how it ranges on the scale of dirty.

You can remove the lens without the tool by lifting the lid of the printhead, remove the mirror and gently push the lens out of the printhead with a qtip. Be sure you catch the lens rather than letting it land on a hard surface.

As for the problem you are having with the material not cutting, can you please share a picture of the failed cut?

3 Likes

Have you cleaned all your optics lately? That’s the first thing I do when cuts stop going through.

yes i clean all my lens and windows. and i use the qtip tip to remove the lens. I try another work and same thing the cut didn’t do all away the material.

Are you using proofgrade materials?

@sabrinamonero I am so sorry your Glowforge printer is not cutting through your material.
It looks like you sent us an email regarding this issue. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and follow up with you there.