The daily rant: words of encouragement, humor, birthday wishes, etc

Same here Hope you have a great party as well :birthday::cake::cupcake::pie::doughnut::cookie::coffee::wine_glass::champagne::cocktail::tropical_drink::beer::clinking_glasses::pizza::bagel::cheese:

4 Likes

The forum cat lovers will like this one:

My family decided to do charitable donations for Christmas in lieu of presents, so I picked a local no-kill shelter, and we dropped off a bunch of stuff from their wish list as well as cash donations. While there, we took a tour of one of the cat rooms at the top of the building (it has a skylight and a ton of litterboxes, cat trees, and 61 cats). One of the cats was a teenage kitten really going to town with a spring toy, batting it all over the place and skidding on the tile floor. He was evidently recovering from surgery as he was wearing a t-shirt that said “It Wasn’t Me, I Swear!”

Thought that was really cute.

5 Likes

Did you bring him home? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No! We are down to three and that’s plenty.

2 Likes

How did you know he was a teenager? :wink:

2 Likes

It might have been the spring but mostly it was the size.

1 Like

@Jules, I see cake next to your name today. Happy Cakeday!

2 Likes

@jules, hope you have a very happy cake day. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Three years…whew! :smile:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @Jules :hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::tulip::hibiscus::birthday::pie::boom::cake::champagne::tada::clinking_glasses::confetti_ball::gift::four_leaf_clover::sun_with_face::lollipop::balloon::trumpet::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog:

4 Likes

Ooooh! Pretty lineup! Not my birthday though, it’s the anniversary of the day I joined the forum! :grinning:

We just get a single slice of cake pop up next to our names on our Anniversary…we get the whole cake on our Birthdays!!!

5 Likes

:hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog:Well happy aniversary then! :hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog:

4 Likes

:sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

:musical_note:Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear @Tom_A,
Happy birthday to you! And many more… :notes:

3 Likes

Thanks! You are actually the first person so sing to me today! (Albeit virtual singing. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Day’s not over yet!

1 Like

:balloon::balloon::sparkles::boom::boom::confetti_ball::tada: Happy birthday!!:tada::gift::ribbon::flags::confetti_ball::anger::boom::boom::bomb::ribbon::ribbon::tada:

True enough, but there can only be one first! And you’re it! And I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Oh, Tom! I nearly missed seeing that it’s your birthday. In fact, time zones would dictate that it’s almost over for you for another year. I hope it was a great day. I wish you many happy returns!

3 Likes

Indeed! 2 hours left!

Wish it was! Worked all day. It snowed and my car slid into a guard rail… not going fast, but nice dent now. And now I’m working all night. BUT! I certainly appreciate the thought!!! :slight_smile:

I thank you, dear lady!

3 Likes