The death orange light

Hi there, I’m having a problem with my machine + what I have named, ‘the death orange light’ I keep getting. I’ve read a ton of things, the machine being too hot an/ or the wire ribbon being knocked loose. My machine is 100% not over heating. And the ribbon being loose is questionable at this point. I went through the process of reattaching it and my machine worked great for about 45 minutes. Then it stopped again and reattaching the ribbon didn’t correct it the next time.

Im in desperate need of getting this resolved as I am right in the beginning stages of fulfilling Christmas orders and cannot afford this setback.

Thank you!

You will want to run through the tests for lid cable issues here and let support know the results:

2 Likes

Just for sanity check, verify the right side of the machine doesn’t have anything up against it, or a loose piece of paper may be stuck on the underside–the air intake holes are on the right underside, and if there is any restriction, it will lead to overheating (within the unit) very quickly regardless of your room temp.

2 Likes

ooo thank you for this! I just ran through them all and am still having no luck with focusing :frowning:

this may actually be the reason why I was turning orange!! I did have a book upright against it and I can see how that can block the air flow. I’m now stuck trying to figure out why my machine won’t refresh the bed image after each cut. Its just stuck and the only thing that fixes it is turning it on and off after each use. which is the worstttt

If you click “refresh bed image” under the gear icon does that change the image?

its muted grey and I can’t click it until its done “focusing”

Glad removing the book has helped the air/cooling!

It’s good idea to clear your internet cache–the GF is more sensitive to any internet “burps” or interference than any other device… Good to at least rule that out as a reason things are not working as fast as usual.

Also I know if I’m trying to run many programs while trying to run the GF (e.g. my design files), it can be painfully slow–not a GF issue itself.

I learned that the hard way a few weeks ago, it did not like too many large files in one screen! Going to clear the internet cache and see if that works. It’s sooooo dang close to working normal again. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out, I really appreciate it

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the trouble with your unit. I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.