The Dreaded and popular stuck on focusing

@geek2nurse: good to know, and to clarify, most of my posts aren’t in Problems and Support, so I haven’t tested your assertion. @robermar36 first posted two days ago - what’s a reasonable time to expect support to comment and open a ticket?

When you don’t post on a holiday weekend, they tend to get back pretty quickly. I’d tend to allow a little extra time in this case though, since they’ve got a 3-day backlog to slog through. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience, @robermar36, and I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step in which the lens focuses inside the printer head (you may hear this when it’s happening - there’s an audible “ticking” sound as the lens moves up and down in the head). Because you also mentioned the details regarding your white ribbon cable no longer “snapping” in well (thank you for adding those details! Very helpful!), an unstable connection to the printer head is most likely to be the cause. Unfortunately, this white cable isn’t something that can be fixed or replaced remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.