The Laser tube went off track

Hi,

I had a piece of wood in the Glowforge that was too wide and when I started the “set focus” the tube was knocked off track. Now it won’t do anything. First after putting it back in place it said “homing” then it switched to 'scanning" and will not get past that. Will not let me do anything at all at this point. I refreshed the app a few times., closed the app, powered down the machine, restarted it and nothing…still says “scanning”. Any advice?

When you say “tube” do you mean that the glass laser tube was somehow dislodged? That sounds very extreme. Or did the head pop off it’s magnets?

Turn the machine off. Gently move the carriage forward and back and the printhead side to side. If everything moves freely, position the printhead directly under the lid camera and turn the machine back on. If that doesn’t work, search the forum for “stuck on scanning”. Chances are you are having a wifi issue.

4 Likes

Thank you! I did that and now I’m back in business!

2 Likes

Hi,

It came off the rail on the right side. I actually played around with it and said like a million prayers and I now got it fixed!

That happened to me once, scared the :grimacing: out of me!

Absolutely! I feel ya! lol

1 Like

I’m sorry you ran into trouble and your laser arm’s wheels came off their track. I’m happy to see that the advice you received from our other community members got you back up and printing! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please create a new post here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.