The machine tell me there is no art work

The machine tell me “there is no art work” however, the art work is there why will it not recognize the art work? please help.

Not all of the artwork is inside the process area of the GF. You need to move or resize your artwork so that it fits inside the working area.

2 Likes

So you think its a size issue. The line work was done in AutoCad and is 11"x11" printed 1:1 as a pdf and it looks like it fits in the GF proof material?

Make sure it’s in the cut area and not lapping the grey areas

11" is too large. 10.9" X 19.5" is the max working space.

3 Likes

0k I’m resizing to 10"x10"

That was the issue. Wow, that you for the prompt response now I know better. I’m relatively new to the system…A big THANK YOU!

1 Like

Is your material selection made?

Hi @joaquin.serantes,

I’m glad to see our awesome community members were able to help you out, thank you all!

The Glowforge Basic bed can accommodate materials measuring 12 x 20.4”. The maximum printable area is approximately 11 x 19.5”, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces. For example, a lot of customers use small pieces of scrap to print these pins available in the free laser design section: Honeycomb Hold Down Pins.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out again should you need anything. We’re happy to help!