The Optimist's Report -- First project -- D&D Screen

Wow! My brother is heavily into DND (still) - his crew always tries to get a game together at the holidays. That would be a fantastic addition that would let them actually sit at a table to play it instead of spreading out all over the floor upstairs.

Awesome job on it! :grinning:

3 Likes

Today that is just cool. 30 years ago, envy, envy, envy…

And by this weekend you’ll have a case in mind for him, so he can carry his screen, dice, collapsible dice tower, etc… (does the DM still carry around a bunch of monster guides or is that all electronic now? Would still need a spot for a tablet if it’s digital.) That’s the problem with owning a laser…it makes ideas grow. Like cool, evil, fun weeds.

6 Likes

The guides are all digital now. We do have physical copies of them as well, but my son always looks things up on his tablet. One the accessories I had in mind for this screen was an iPad, iPhone, Android Tablet stand.

5 Likes

The amount of D&D stuff I plan on doing with my laser is insane.

Really great job with these!

7 Likes

This is fantastic! Love how it looks and how you integrated the items on the back for easier play.

3 Likes

Ohhh I WANT it!!! I can’t wait to get my Pro so I can make my own version.

4 Likes

Awesome!
My DM has yet to ask for a screen, but I am working on an initiative tracker.

4 Likes

First I’ll say … I don’t think you have to be a player of D&D to see the awesomeness here! Wow! So amazing!

My son-in-law has requested a dice tower when the Glowforge comes … if he sees this … he will be asking for one of these!

When you get it the way you want it … I’d certainly buy it.

3 Likes

Just showed that to my son. He said, “That’s so lit!” I’m going to take that as approval.

(Just kidding. I’m old, but I’m cool enough to know what he meant.)

7 Likes

DIGITAL GUIDES?

FOR SHAME!!! BLASPHEMY !!! WHATEVER. :slight_smile:

I still have all of my original books.

have to get my daughters playing some day.

5 Likes

Nice screen.

We always called it the “wall of fear and ignorance.”

3 Likes

Amazing job!

1 Like

Love it! My son has already asked for a DM screen as one of my first projects. Thanks for the insperation!

1 Like

Already blown away by your first project. Such an awesome gift for your son. Can’t wait to see what you whip up next!

6 Likes

My dungeon master thinks this is beyond gorgeous! Great Job!!!

1 Like

Hi, I’m very interesting about the fact that you are Canadian and you picked up the Glowforge In NY State. I to, am a Canadian and I have ask for my Glowforge to be delivered in Champlain NY (at Freeport Forwarding). Can you tell me how it went ? Who did the shipping UPS, Fedex or US Postal Services. How did it go when crossing the borders, any fees or just the taxes ?
Thank You.

Hi Yan,

You can check out my other post: Bringing the GF across from the US to Canada

It has a lot of details about how it went.

For me, it was very easy.

2 Likes

Hi Polarbrainfreeze,

Your post is very helpful.

Merci
Yan Blais

1 Like

Pas de problème.

I hope you get yours soon. I assume you are somewhere near Montreal.

1 Like

This is amazing! I just got my GF and have been wanting to make something very similar as an Xmas gift for my friend who is a huge D&D fan. Would ever consider uploading or selling the .svg???