The overnight bag of 1,000+ stitching holes

This bag is AMAZING! <3

1 Like

Outstanding work. My Glowforge Pro just arrived Monday, April 1st (no fooling, LOL). Specifically purchased this for leather pattern cutting. I own and operate my own leather craft (and other things) company in Junction City, KS. I see you set your stitch hole size to .065. What is the thread weight you are using? I hand stitch with waxed artificial sinew at or above #92. I have found that the perfect hole size for this weight thread is 0.125" (3.175mm) and a repeat path (distance per stitch ā€œdpsā€) of 0.138" (03.5mm) to 0.157" (4mm). That equates to roughly 6 stitches per inch (spi). Leather has a tendency to tear at the stitch holes if the stitching holes are to close. Just adding some FYI for your readers and followers. I have been playing around in Inkscape and have all my patterns developedā€¦ time to start burning away :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome. I am really looking forward to seeing your leather projects here in the forum.

1 Like

First cut out of a pattern on leather. (Wine Tote). Little staining that will be ok once stained. Follow on pics when completed.

14 Likes

Ooh, canā€™t wait to see this finished. What stain do you have in mind?

In the category of 'Places I didnā€™t expect to encounter my deadname for $1,000"! My last name was Ewing for close to 30 years and I never thought it was common until I changed it and started running into it all over the place!

Cool design, looking forward to seeing how it comes together :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Saddle Tan

1 Like

Family in Michigan are Ewing. Our last name is Bliss

1 Like

I really need to start working with leather.

1 Like

Bracelets were one of my favorite things to learn on. You can print a staggering number of things on a single sheet of :proofgrade: and it let me practice dying, edge finishing, basic stamping and eventually working with rivets, buckles and snaps.

Once you have the basics down, a whole big world opens up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I really need to get started with my proofgrade leather. Thanks for inspiration!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! I must say Iā€™m envious of you and those who can do this!

2 Likes

stunning!!! that is truly amazing!
: : sigh : : now i gotta try leather. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It has taken me more than a year to build up the courage since I first saw and drooled over this, but I think maybe Iā€™m almost ready to try a bag! #necrogame

7 Likes

Judging from your recent work, youā€™re totally ready and I canā€™t wait to see it!

6 Likes

Zero chance there is a file for this??

FYI itā€™s against forum rules to ask for files. Theyā€™ll post them in the Free Laser Designs section, or post a link if they want to share.
Check the individuals icon to see if they have a store linked to their profile. Jae is a :glowforge: employee, so no Etsy for her.

3 Likes

Beautiful first off What type of thread did you use if you donā€™t mind me asking?

Not me, but this stuff is a workhorse (though currently sold out which is sad). I imagine you can buy it multiple places:

I didnā€™t ask for the file I said I wonder if there is a file for this. I was just curious. :thinking: