In point of fact I just cut that design and while I did not give it enough power to cot all the way through the proof of concept worked Great!
I did the file in the OP and made the outline in Inkscape then took out the straight edges in Inkscape and put a square around them there was some joy in seeing it make just one cut each going up and down and then a single cut each side to side and then the rectangle around the border and so connecting all the ends of the lines.
The one oddity was that it came in huge and had to be scaled down, and I could find no place in the GFUI to say the overall size of what I was cutting. I suppose I will have to make some sort of scale to drop in but I have already noticed that towards the outer parts what you see in the GFUI is not what you will get. This is a heavily mentioned problem so annoyed but not surprised.