The Village is complete - Finally!

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Well, after 3 months designing these Village Liquor boxes, I can finally say I AM DONE! :slight_smile: 3 weeks’ worth of designing and many changes during cutting.

Here is Santa’s Workshop Advent Calendar. It holds 24 Airplane Liquor Bottles and One Very Big Bottle of your choice! Obviously, you can put other things in it.

Made entirely of 26 (yes, I know…LOL) 1/8" MDF Boards (Thanks Alex Fuentes!) I used a piece of Thick Maple for the base, but it could have been made with MDF as well. The longest cut time was about 20 mins, most were around 7-10mins. So not really a lot of time cutting. Gluing is another story! LOL

Dimensions: Overall: 16"W x 16.75"H x 8.75"D Drawers (All are the same size) 4.5"W x 2"D x 2"H" Tower: 13"H x 5.125"W x 5.25"D

The box is locked until you turn the candy canes and take the tower roof off. Then you can open the sides. There is even a place for Shot glasses.

To open the Tower, you need to take Santa’s boot and turn the lock that is on the right side of the tower.

It has been a fun and sometimes frustrating journey. I am glad it’s done! Lots of different construction methods going on. I experimented with some things, but for the most part, I am very happy. I will never make another one. LOL

101 Likes

Brilliant.

7 Likes

Thanks! Labor of love…that I will never do again! LOL

5 Likes

Maybe I missed it in one of your other posts, but what’s the plan for this village? Is it for someone or yourself? In any case, I’ve really enjoyed seeing all of your miniatures, this one is seriously mind bottling!

tenor

11 Likes

Yeah that’s a lot of commitment. Meta-like for just getting the whole thing done.

I’m sure you’ll rush right into your next big pro— hey, where are you going? Come back!

8 Likes

HAHA. I have to take a picture with them all together. It basically is a Bar that looks like a Christmas village. LOL

11 Likes

HAHA. I think for the time being I will make something simple. My brain needs a break. LOL

5 Likes

Just !!! WOW!!!

7 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I love the reindeer on the roof with the lights. You’ll be Santa, next.

6 Likes

Wow!

6 Likes

Very nice and just in time for Christmas…Yes…it’s September, and Costco is already selling fake trees :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

HAHA. I’ll be drunk in an hour! Look for me tangled up in lights!

6 Likes

Thanks! I am done with complicated designs and builds. LOL

3 Likes

That is wonderfully epic!

4 Likes

trust me, it will take until Christmas to put this thing together! HAHA

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

That is amazing! I am eager to see the whole village…

3 Likes

I need to get a good shot of everything together. I think I am going to need a bigger space. LOL

3 Likes

I think you have out done yourself this time. Bet it is heavy when fully populated . :blush:
Fantastic job with your design.

5 Likes