"The Wishing Well" - Fairy Garden piece

Hi Everyone! Back in October, for Halloween/Samhain, I captured death, decay, and despair in the Frankenstein Book Box. So, for Easter/Ostara, I wanted to capture life, growth, and hope. This will end up being a birthday gift for someone who loves fairy gardens. I’ve been enjoying experimenting with the “packaging” of my pieces, and decided to build this one in to the top of a tree trunk. No lights on this one, for the person I’m gifting it to, I didn’t want it enclosed, I wanted an open top for better visibility.

Used the GF to engrave/cut the pieces for the well and the sign from medium PG draftboard, and the jagged bark wrap-around from 1/16" chipboard. The rest is all hot glue, paper/cardstock (yes, every bit of grass was hand cut), acrylic plaster, paper clip wires, toothpicks, paper bags, a whole lotta mod podge and paint and ink. Made it a challenge to see how much variety I could come up with, and I think I came up with at least 35, maybe more, different kinds of grass/flowers/leaves/mushrooms. The trunk is a 5 inch circle, but overall footprint with the roots is about 8"x10", about 6.5" tall.

Thank you for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

43 Likes

So cute!!

8 Likes

This looks amazing

8 Likes

Love the detail.

9 Likes

Remarkable…as expected:-)

6 Likes

I love all the flowers!! Such a happy garden.

7 Likes

Interesting project. A Fairy Garden is pretty open ended, so you can just imagine away.
Nice job…

7 Likes

Adorable! Very evocative of spring. I like the open top. Love the many different flowers you created.

5 Likes

Wondered where you’ve been - now we know! Should’ve known you were designing another spectacular piece. Love it!

6 Likes

Wie! Wonderful! Very inspiring!

4 Likes

every time this topic gets bumped, i get this earworm. so i’m sharing it with everyone else so i’m not alone…

4 Likes

Lovely!

3 Likes

I absolutely LOVE this!!!

3 Likes

Wow! A lot of love went into this amazing piece!

3 Likes

It’s adorable! I’m planning to make a cactus fairy garden for my mom for Mother’s Day, so I might borrow some of your ideas.

3 Likes

I love this! I’ve been working on a fairy garden, too! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes