Things don't align right any more

I have been creating a lot of interlocking boxes. Using the same basic design (I have a few of them) to create what I want. Suddenly the sides/top/bottom don’t all align properly. The files haven’t changed in weeks. I don’t know what’s going on. It sort of feels like it’s missing steps but when I try a 2 pass large rectangle, it’s spot-on. What else can I check? This is less than 6 weeks old.

The wood teeth (above) should be perfectly aligned. Exactly the same size. And now they are not.

1 Like

I noticed that you posted about this on the Facebook forum and that you found a piece of transfer tape stuck to one of the rollers in the back. Glad you found the cause and that you’re up and running successfully again.

10 Likes

Thanks for posting the resolution. It keeps support, and those of us who try to help other people out, from wasting limited time. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I tried to post this yesterday but the forum wasn’t responding.

After struggling with this for half a day, testing different cuts and getting mixed results, I decided to clean the machine. It wasn’t long before I found a piece of transfer tape wrapped around one of the belt pulleys. After removing it, everything lined up again.

The take-away from this was to look closely at the pulleys that are partially hidden and make sure they are really clean and rolling smoothly. This was nothing I could detect while the machine ran. Everything looked just fine.

See photos for clarification.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, several other people reported the forum going down temporarily… Thanks for posting the resolution… was curious what could have caused something like that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, when my pre-release unit started blowing smoke out of its cracks, I discovered the fan Grill was obstructed with some small pieces of masking, but mostly smoke particulate.
It’s a good lesson to keep the machine clean. There’s a lot of air movement and turbulence in there, and stuff gets blown all over the place, but mostly to the left.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a heck of a find. I’m going to get into mine tonight and look around. Was that tape from the original manufacturing, or something from your projects?
In any case, glad you got it resolved!

1 Like

Thanks so much for updating us with those details and that photo. I’m glad you were able to get it resolved!

If you run into any other trouble, please start a new thread. Happy printing!