THINGS you should never make USING YOUR Glowforge

We make all kinds of cool things with our glowforge’ lets list things we should NOT make using one!

“pizza”
“cow branding”
“microdermabrasion”

whats YOURS?

Jonathan

1 Like
4 Likes

you add a whole new meaning to THICK CRUST!

Now I want pizza…

2 Likes

The first one always cuts just fine!

14 Likes

I don’t know if it’s a NOT or not, but it’s definitely a bad idea to use your Glowforge for laser hair removal…

5 Likes

Planet demolition for the creation of a hyperspace bypass… (hyperspace bypass is the thing you shouldn’t make with it)

4 Likes

And definitely not on Thursdays.

3 Likes

Glad, I have my towel

2 Likes

A book safe. The idea’s simple: cut a hole in the middle of the pages to turn a book into a secret storage box.

4184b7RK4vL.AC

As a new and stupid laser owner, I decided to try and see if I could make one of these with my Glowforge. I could not. In my few attempts, I alternately cut only a few pages that immediately began blowing around in the path of the laser beam during the cut, or cut deep enough for the now-defocused beam to set the book on fire.

7 Likes

I used the shawshank redemption technique - Used a razor blade :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Besides the fire issue, I’m wondering if you can add a weight to the pages to keep them from blowing around, like one of those flat washers or derby car weights.

2 Likes

OMG; no way. I was just going to comment on how beautiful that was until I scrolled down. *welp.

1 Like

If it’s something you’re interested in doing, you can always create a fake record using black acrylic.

4 Likes

What in the White Trash trailer park is this mess?! Holy Shit…

1 Like

That is what a laser looks like if you cut PVC/vinyl and chloride gas releases. It’s not pretty. We’ve had 1 person who realized what they’d done and managed to hand wash every component in the machine with a baking soda mix and fix their machine. 1…far more have gone to the recycling bin.

3 Likes

Quick reminder -family friendly forum so kindly reconsider word choice.
https://community.glowforge.com/faq

4 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.