This glowforge does not work

I think in total i made 2 dozen cuts, but that’s it. The machine has been stuck in Calibration ever since.

Basically same as Having Trouble Calibrating

I need it fixed once an for all, or I need to return it. This unit is not working and I’m not willing to turn it on or off again and again or to reset it or to move the head here or there or other voodoo. I need a machine which reliably works, and this one is a dud.

I need Some one from Glowforge staff to contact me, please others don’t.

Thanks for letting us know about this, and I’m so sorry to hear you ran into trouble. Could you please do the following steps for me?

1. Wait until your Glowforge has been idle for at least a minute.

2. Open the lid.

3. Very gently, push the printer head to the right with one hand and see if you are able to move it. You should feel resistance and the the printer head should not slide freely.

4. Repeat the previous step, this time pushing the printer head to the left.

5. Let me know if you feel anything other than resistance in either direction.

Thanks in advance!

no I don’t. But to be honest i am tired of being a full-time QE for glow forge, I want a machine that works consistently not one which I have to do random things to in order to make it work. It does not work, has not worked for ever, and I’m not into this - i want a machine that works, or I want a refund, I do not want to mess with it for hours any longer. This is not right.

1 Like

Sheesh.

I don’t think any company can be expected to just blindly replace a machine without some proof of a mechanical failure. If you’re not willing to spend 30 seconds doing as they requested to confirm the issue, why should they be expected to issue you a free replacement?

6 Likes

I’ve extracted the logs to investigate the issue, and they show your printer head is not moving properly. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like