This smoke ! help me jesus!

IT HAS BEEN IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP THE SMOKE FROM COMING OUT FROM THE BACK AND THE FRONT ! IAM AS FRUSTRATED AS A WET CAT :cry:
I HAVE BOUGHT LITERALLY EVERYTHING…

Trying not to give up over here .

Please do not yell. If you can provide more details, perhaps someone can offer some advice or help.

5 Likes

did you accidentally turn on “glowforge air filter attached” ?

6 Likes

Also, how long have you had the machine/how many jobs have been done(what material was used)?
Could the exhaust fan in the back need cleaning?

Lots of “dirty burn” material can build up on the exhaust fan blades and kills its air flow.

5 Likes

Aloha and Wesley’s ideas check first… Worst case scenario, verify you have taped up the connections well, and perhaps look into getting an inline fan to help with extraction.

4 Likes

Don’t give up, you’ll get it figured out, I promise! The GF case is under negative pressure and it pulls air in from a vent on the bottom of the case on the right front corner, and then pulls it out through the fan in the rear. When working right, the pressure prevents smoke from leaking out from the seams of the case. So to help you troubleshoot, we’re going to need more info and pictures would be great too.

3 Likes

right front corner :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh opps, total brain fart! Thanks for catching it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.