Three things I've noticed lately

I had my Glowforge get stuck at the “centering the head” message for about 30 min tonight. I looked it up and followed the advice in another post. I shut off the machine, moved the head to under the camera and turned it back on. It took a “normal” amount of time to get back up and running. So, overall not a “problem” but certainly not convenient.

The other thing I notice now is that the head “slams” sometimes when moving at 500 when curring. I slowed the next cut down to 300 and it still did the same thing. Has anyone else noticed a kind of banging noise when this head reverses direction? When I’ve worked on 3d printers or CNC machines it’s the kind of thing that happens when you don’t have acceleration turned on. A full-speed reversal kind of thing.

Oh yea, and my button still lights up before it’s time to start the print like it always has (which is one of the things I thought they fixed in the last update)…

Not complaining, just comparing notes…

I have not experienced any of these issues.
Sometimes I press print and the machine goes into a centering routine and does not print. I press print again and it works.

@v8tony, sorry to hear you’re having issues with your Glowforge.

Can you send us a video showing the ‘slamming’ behavior while printing a Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade Medium Draftboard?

I can try to do that.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

1 Like