"ticking" noise from the right side of the machine

I have a ticking noise coming the front front right side of my machine. Sounds like something on a fan hitting a cover. With all the covers on that side of the machine I can’t actually see a fan though. Suggestions for how to fix?

If you look through the forum, you’ll see it’s normal. Assuming it’s the same ticking we all seem to hear - I use it to determine when the cooling is finished (seems to start when the ready pops up ) so I can open the lid.

3 Likes

Weird, it just started happening on my machine today

There is an intake fan on the right side of the machine. The ticking plgheaded mentions comes from the laser head, and is a set of clicks that doesn’t last long.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this. It’s correct that when the printer head is calibrating, you will hear an audible ticking sound. However, since you’ve described the sound as coming from the intake fan, I’d like to investigate further. Could you please try to capture a video that will let us hear the sound from the Glowforge?

You can reply here with that video, or send it to us as at support@glowforge.com, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

Thank you in advance!

yea that I know is normal and has been doing it since day one.

@vee I’ll see what I can do about a video; not sure if it will come out with all the other laser noises

best I could do, held the camera right above the noise

Thanks for providing the video. I’ve passed this on to the team and I’ll let you know when I have more information.

Thank you so much for your patience.

It’s likely a bit of debris got picked up into the air intake.

If you grab a friend and scoot the right end of your Glowforge over the edge of the table, you’ll be able to look underneath at the air intake to find and remove the debris. If you aren’t able to locate it, please let me know.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve heard back from you. I hope that’s because everything worked out! If not, just let me know and we’ll get it solved.

Been busy but I will try this out tomorrow

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.