Time Turner

This design has been “cooking” in my brain for the past 8 months, ever since I knew we would be moving and I would have to leave my amazing assistant behind. She’s been my backup brain for the last several years, and I honestly couldn’t have survived without her, so I wanted to make her something really special as a goodbye gift. She’s a MAJOR Harry Potter fan, so of course it had to be something HP-related.

I already have several improvements I want to make to the design, but I’m pretty happy with how it came out. It spins freely on both axes, which was one of the primary design issues, and the hourglass fits firmly in place, which was the other.

And yes, I did manage to break the first one. Thin glass doesn’t take kindly to over-tight pressure fitting! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

101 Likes

This looks great! Good luck on your move.

5 Likes

Yep…that’s pretty darned cool! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That’s amazing!!!

4 Likes

Brilliant - great piece of work there.

3 Likes

Way too cool! What a wonderful project!

2 Likes

Outstanding Ruth!
I know she will treasure it, and will think of you every time her eye lands on it.

4 Likes

Wow! That is way beyond outstanding!
Sure, you’re going all Harry Potter… but you’re actually a Time Lord!

3 Likes

That’s so Hermione worthy! I guess you could use one yourself right now - to manage all you still need to get done…

3 Likes

Terrific gift that will bring smiles to so many. I know your assistant and patients are sad to see you go.

4 Likes

I’m guessing the hardest bit was sourcing the joint hardware :slight_smile:

Actually, the stand looks perfect for displaying this too.

3 Likes

This is outstanding! It looks amazing and the size/scale is great. Awesome work.

3 Likes

Nope, it’s 100% laser cut (except for the hourglass). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sweet! You managed to fool me. :smiley:

5 Likes

It’s awesome!!!

2 Likes

Gorgeous. Hardware is great too.

3 Likes

Gosh, it’s fantastic! I do believe we need an action shot.

1 Like

BTW, I think it’s hilarious, but it actually really looks great under-lit by your 'forge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That is gorgeous!

1 Like

There’s no hardware. :wink: Except for the hourglass, it’s ALL done on the Glowforge.

1 Like