Timer in browser off by about a minute

I did two 50ish minute engraves tonight. Both of them the timer finshed and showed the “cooling don’t open the lid yet” message about a full minute before the engrave actually finished. not a huge deal, but i’ve never seen it off like that before. maybe a few seconds, but not a whole minute.

Interesting and something they should look at. There is no feedback from the movement inside the machine while printing, the commands and timing are determined in the cloud before the job is sent down to the machine. In other words, it should be 100% accurate every time.

1 Like

I saw this the other day too, but only once and put it down to changing the thickness manually on a proof grade print.

I haven’t seen it again BTW.

I’ve heard that if it stops mid print to cool down that the timer keeps counting down and will then get to zero before the job is finished.

1 Like

Oh, that’s a good one.

Thanks for letting us know about this. We’ve reproduced the problem internally, and the team is investigating now. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like