Timer not stopping when printing paused

Something I noticed the last few days is if I pause the Glowforge, while the display on the webpage shows it’s paused, when I resume the print, the timer skips the time it was paused. Then when the timer reaches 0, it runs through the cooldown and ready screens even though my Glowforge is still printing. This just happened on a print around 7pm MDT today. I couldn’t say when it was, but previously (at least a couple updates ago), the timer would work as expected and resume from the paused time.

Do you ever notice connection issues with your Glowforge — switching from online to offline? Implementing a pause (pushing button on machine), will pause locally on the machine and then send a signal through to the Glowforge server which is then sent to the app — and sometimes that signal can be missed. If it’s missed, the countdown will keep going, and the pause notice is never retransmitted.

1 Like

I am not having any issues with connectivity. When it’s paused, the screen changes within a couple seconds to show the “Paused”, but when I restart, the timer is still reduced the amount of time the print was paused.

1 Like

Hi @somethingelf - Thanks for letting us know about this. We’ve reproduced the problem internally, and the team is investigating now.
As long as your prints are completing and you’re able to finish projects this issue may be more display/cosmetic in nature, but I do apologize for any confusion this could have caused!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.