Tiny bookcase 1:24

I’m working on a bigger project (that seems unable to get off the ground) and for that I wanted some tiny furniture, in 1:24 scale. So here’s one item I just finished:

It doesn’t look all that small until you see it with life size items for scale:

For the bookcase I used this instructional video for a 1:12 bookcase, and divided all the dimensions by 2.

For the books (Except the encyclopedias) I bought some digital book files from this source and printed them up and assembled per directions.
https://littlethingsofinterest.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15

For the encyclopedias I photographed a couple sets (finally found a use for those!) that we have in the house, wrapped the photos around a strip of fome-cor, and made indentations between the books.
I made the tiny clock and picture frames myself. You may recognize the clock from some of my earlier work :wink:.

The shiny things are just a bunch of beads glued together.

It works nicely in scale with the half size Mission chair I made from @designvh619’s bedroom set, no?

Edit: forgot to mention the materials of construction. The bookcase was mostly made with around 0.8mm thick unfinished veneer, plus some medium thickness chipboard and some heavy card stock. Also a piece of wood paper stained to match.

63 Likes

That is amazing!!! I absolutely love that!!!

I am now deep into the farmhouse. It’s a big build! With 3 floors it’s about 46”L x 24”D x 32”H. It is 1:12 scale. I will post pictures as I progress.

13 Likes

Ohhhhh! This is so perfect!!! :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

6 Likes

That is fantastic!

3 Likes

:astonished:

2 Likes

Wow, that is some amazing detail!

I think you are just a giant… It doesn’t look that small until your ENORMOUS hand is next to it… :wink:

4 Likes

I instantly recognized this was a Julie Warren video. I have all her books except the kitchen.

I can see the love you have for miniatures. This piece is incredible!!

If your travels someday bring you to Knoxville, Tennessee I want you to visit. I no longer have any friends who create miniatures.

Thirty (30) years ago, I was a member of 2 local miniature clubs. At the time I was the youngest member being 22 everyone else was 65 and older. Unfortunately all of my mini friends have traveled to the big mansion in the sky.

7 Likes

Is this farmhouse going to have a Westie rocking chair?

2 Likes

This looks incredible! I have been avoiding miniatures so far because it’s a slippery slope (and I just gave away my dollhouse).

6 Likes

Oh my! This is just lovely.

3 Likes

Incredible! I can’t imagine the amount of time it takes to create things this detailed.

4 Likes

Don’t you mean a rocking horse? :wink:

Thanks for the invite! I will certainly contact you if we are ever in your area, and I hope you will do the same if you are ever in St Louis. I have a few tiny bits and bobs I could show you, although not very many. I seem to have too short of an attention span to take on a project of any significant size. But making tiny things means I don’t burn through material very fast—I still have some of my original Proofgrade material from 3 years ago!

3 Likes

I don’t know how you do it - looks amaing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is great!!! Kudos!

2 Likes

I never get tired of seeing the tiny furniture that is made on the glowforge. Beautiful job. :blush:

3 Likes

Amazing detail.
The dedication for this much perfection is incredible.

So amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like

Beautiful

Nicely done. I make miniatures and this a fine example. I don’t know what your scene is but you may want to age it and rough it up a bit. See some of the work at: https://thewonderofminiatures.home.blog

2 Likes

Your blog is AWESOME!!!