Tiny stairs for tiny legs

SUPER simple, but we’ve got a new Vallhund puppy and he’s got teeny legs. There’s a 9 inch lip to get into the kitchen, so I made him tiny stairs. Baltic Birch.

49 Likes

So cute!

3 Likes

I think what we really need here is video of that pup climbing those stairs!

18 Likes

That’s adorable. :smile:

3 Likes

Puppy might like kick plates on those stairs… sometimes “open” stairs like that can be a little intimidating for a little monster.

5 Likes

Second that.

7 Likes

So far he uses them about one in 4 times if that. Otherwise he follows his full grown sister straight up even if he sometimes bounces off and has to try twice.

5 Likes

scraps of carpet can help too, so doggo can get some grip with its wittle claws.
But pupper will get bigger pretty quick anyway, and carpet scraps would hide the engraving :frowning:

3 Likes

He is adorable!

2 Likes

Aww, he’s cute!

2 Likes

What a sweetie pie! Never heard of that breed before…I’ll have to look it up.

3 Likes

We have some good friends who have one. He looks like a wolf in a Corgi body, and is the only dog who’s ever convinced my Smidgen he wasn’t going to get to be the alpha. Only took one half snarl to do it, too! (They’re not too many steps removed from the wolves, from what I understand!)

Here he is:

17 Likes

A Dachswulf ?

3 Likes

Cute! We love ours!

We have two.

9 Likes

SO sweet! That’s what I was thinking when I saw the first photo…that he looked sorta Corgi’ish.

2 Likes

So stinkin’ cute! I third the request for puppy climbing steps video!

1 Like

Managed to get a GIF

24 Likes

totally adorable!

3 Likes

Beautiful puppy, cute steps! Loved the gif.

2 Likes

That’s what I pay the internet bill for :slight_smile:

6 Likes