Today my machine is cooling down and stuck callibrating

Hi. My usually zippy Glowforge is acting badly today. It is cool outside. I am printing very small jobs (like a single person’s name on a pocket knife). after a 0.21 second job, I get “Cooling down”. It lasts a short while. Now I am stuck in a “Calibrating”. Is there something going on? Thanks

Now app won’t load. Checked status. we have “Partially Degraded Service”. Ah, deadlines…

Sorry, that’s so frustrating! :frowning:

I’ll get over it… I love this thing too much to be mad at it. :slight_smile:

It wouldn’t hurt to do all the “things,” just in case. Might keep you occupied while you wait to be productive again. :wink: Also clean lenses, make sure the air intake isn’t blocked by a stray piece of masking or something (network stuff doesn’t really explain the cooling issue!), check the ambient lighting, etc. etc.

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

Thanks for your patience. As you pointed out, we were seeing some service issues at the time of your report and I believe this caused the problems you mentioned. Could you please try printing and let me know if you’re still running into any trouble?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.