"Too Cold" alert

totally fine i appreciate the help. i am just very aggravated that i paid so much, had to wait over 2 years and can’t get it to work and have no clear reason why it isn’t

It’s too #^%$&$* cold in here!!!

7 Likes

While you’re at work go to app.glowforge.com and log in. See if it’s reporting something else. That will tell you if your browser session at home is just hung up.

If that also says it’s too cold, log out and when you get home log out there too. Turn the GF off. Wait a minute and go to the app again and see if it’s reporting your machine is offline. That would be good. If not, log back out.

Then start your machine again. Wait until it goes through homing and then start up your browser and check the status again. With luck it should be good.

actually it is saying it is “offline” right now. which makes sense because it is off

1 Like

so i am home and trying again. there is no way the unit is still cold it is 80 degrees in here. i put a help ticket into glowforge i have no other ideas

1 Like

@kolleenk let me know what you get back as I’m getting the exact same issue still and haven’t put in a ticket yet.

I hope you don’t mean you opened a 2nd ticket via e-mail. That can put you, basically, at the end of the line as they de-duplicate this ticket from the one you opened via e-mail.

If you did open a 2nd ticket via e-mail, maybe they’ll miss it and just see this one. (But usually it seems things just get confused and they need to de-dup first.)

It looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that I can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry for the bad news.