Toolbotics Tooli - it slices, it dices

My Tooli is estimated to be completed on 6/20 and my PayPal will be billed for the balance and unit shipped.

You can see 2 comments up when I ordered it.

Not a laser but it slices, it dices…

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of it when it arrives. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. All my cash is tied up in inventory at the moment.

2 Likes

willing to bet you could pop a diode on there…

2 Likes

The first generation included a laser but they opted to skip it this time.As I recall, I read the decision was based on “the industry moving towards enclosed lasers” or something like that.

1 Like

i mean, i think it makes sense to skip it; dangerous, most people won’t use it, and good ones are expensive (i paid a surprisingly high amount for my 4W diode laser). i missed this thread before, but i’m super intrigued by the tool. wish i had the dosh to get one now!

1 Like

I started this thread because, when I stumbled across this, I was sure other Glowforgers would find it interesting. I’d love to get one but cash and space to set it up are at a premium around here currently. I sold off an old heat press and an old printer yesterday in an effort to start freeing up space. Five more printers are heading to the recycling center in the next couple days even though three of them still work. And that’s all just to make room for my Glowforge. I’d love to find out how much space the Tooli takes to store when not in use.

1 Like

i’m guessing it takes about as much space as to use it. i noticed that they’re quite lightweight, though; maybe you should put it on a platform you can raise and lower :smiley:

1 Like

I was thinking about mounting it to a sheet of plywood and then storing the whole thing on top of a tall cabinet when not in use and hope I don’t drop it every time I take it down.

1 Like

i’m thinking plywood, chain in each corner, counterweight, just push it up when you’re done!

2 Likes

I’m thinking along these lines for storage too, with some nice laser cut storage boxes for the attachments.

1 Like

You could just remove the toolhead and store the frame on its side if flat space is at a premium.

There is an assembly video for the G2 here.

1 Like

Got an email this morning. The TooliG2 shipping schedule has slipped by 4 days. They were quite apologetic :slight_smile:

I’m expecting mine to ship next week now since it was originally scheduled for tomorrow

6 Likes

Here is a Tooli G2 playlist on Youtube:

Also, I paid for it on Friday and it shipped this morning. Expecting delivery on Thursday morning. It is coming from Brisbane, Australia

When it rains it pours :grinning:

9 Likes

So cool, I might have to get one in the future for the maker space!

2 Likes

I’ll let you know what I think after I get a chance to play for a while

1 Like

That would be much appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

Well, we could see all of those heads become available for the Glowforge.

It is a very neat idea, but possibly one of the worst lip synced videos I have seen.

1 Like

Did anyone end up getting one of these? @hansepe, what do you think of it? Are you finding much use for it? Space to store it when not in use is still the number one factor holding me back.

Looks like as of 11/10 they are not making any more Toolis. Kinda odd, you sell out both production runs, but don’t continue on. Maybe the developer just got tired of the business part?

Hmm… if you ordered one, maybe it’s the pre-G2 version that’s out of production? Tough to tell from the website.

I got mine but have been busy with work and/or the GF. I’m finally going to try put it together this weekend. Didn’t @cynd11 get one too?

1 Like