Toolholder

This is what happens when I twiddle my thumbs in the middle of a reply.

2 Likes

Clothespins - the spring type are great if you have just a couple of layers to glue up.

3 Likes

If you get your finger in the way, it IS a flesh cutter.

3 Likes

Seems to have sorted itself out now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTDT - been the “other” guy as well as the other guy’s victim before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ours is almost never used for dining so it’s almost always used for something else. Horizontal surface storage array most times :slight_smile:

CA glue with kicker to make instant glue joints :slight_smile:

You can get both in a single package here:
https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Smith-Industries-BSI-157H-Insta-Set/dp/B0166FFCHS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1489683442&sr=8-4&keywords=ca+glue

6 Likes

aren’t there ultra simple clamps available in the catalog for you pre-release folks?
where is that picture from @markevans36301… Here. The things that aren’t a luggage tag or a ruler.

12 Likes

I’ve got some of that for 3D prints - not the extra thick or the accelerator though - I need to pick some of that up.

(Great glue! I love BSI.) :relaxed:

Yes, but limited use for round taller tubes…I’ve been using some Irwin Quick Release clamps.

1 Like

I love these for light-duty clamping. The little ones are so cute.

8 Likes

I don’t remember where I read this, but someone once wrote, “worry is the root of all good planning” :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am, in fact, a major worry wart - but I do love this quote :slight_smile:

18 Likes

You could make that in a GF :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could make similar with a GF, but not quite the same. It’s a “rainwork”, which is rain (or water) activated art. The message isn’t engraved on the sidewalk, so you don’t see it when it’s dry. It’s created via a special spray that appears when the image is wet.

These kids developed this product/idea, and they’ve traveled all around the world creating positive public art. Last year their adventures in Boston (famous literary quotes about town) went viral.

Full disclosure - they’re family friends, and I’m a big cheerleader :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Yes, what Jules said. Great little clamps but for two or three layers only.

2 Likes

Really like that quote. There is another; Worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet is like paying interest on a loan you may never owe.
Awareness of potential is one thing, but there is a threshold where excessive worry becomes a mental detriment.

6 Likes

Cool. I’ve done something like that on a really really smaller scale with laser etched slate.

I got the idea from an artist who did it to a building wall here in town. It only shows up when it’s raining or if you spray it with water. Sometimes you’ll see people running around with spray bottles squirting the wall trying to get it all wet so they can see the whole picture (the Charter Oak - pretty iconic in Connecticut history).

4 Likes

My Son used some kind of spray-down wheel & tire cleaner on the cement driveway - 8 years ago, and it still shows up when it rains. that span also gets full western sun, so what ever it is, even UV doesn’t touch it.

4 Likes

Maybe a silicone based cleaning product.

1 Like

With 4 kids growing up in the house, our driveway always had stuff painted, marked, chalked or etched into it :slight_smile: Then there’s the various automobile fluids that dripped either of themselves or were spilled from various & sundry cars - some of questionable roadworthiness :smile:

Gonna be hard to move. Reminders everywhere of kids doing something growing up.

5 Likes

We’re planning to move within the next year. I keep thinking the same. This is the only house my 8-year old son has ever lived in. I lived in the house I grew up in for 18 years. Moved out about 25 years ago now. I still think about that house with some frequency.

3 Likes