Top 11 ways to kill time until delivery

BTW, nice printer!

1 Like

PEI is super easy to apply, I get it at Amazon. I keep it adhered with the 3M sheet adhesive, and it absolutely does not budge - at all!

The links for what I use are below:

0.03" PEI sheets:
http://www.amazon.com/Polyetherimide-Off-White-Standard-Tolerance-PEI0113/dp/B00CPRDDLY?ie=UTF8&keywords=pei%20sheet&qid=1462376790&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

3M Adhesive sheets:
http://www.amazon.com/TapeCase-squares-Converted-Adhesive-Transfer/dp/B007Y7D5NQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_328_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51LcHuHdJEL&dpSrc=sims&preST=AC_UL320_SR296%2C320&refRID=1F9KJDYK6Z7MPTJM9252

The nice thing is that the PEI can be applied to borosilicate glass, or steel plates using that tape, and it holds like a son-of-a-gun.

(And the secret to getting PEI to hold?..sand the surface with a superfine grade sand paper (1000 or above) to give it some tooth. I absolutely love it.)

There’s a technique for getting the PEI applied that I’ll be happy to share if anyone is actually going to try it. (It’s like screen protector application - you will have a fight getting that tape put down without it.)

5 Likes

Thank you! :relaxed: (They’re MakerGear M2 Duals)