Top right portion of glowforge bed seems to cut deeper leaving darker backside burn

I have noticed that when I look at the backside of my 1/4" MDF that the top right is burnt deeper than the rest of the board causing more sanding in that area. I do have it taped across the entire board the same thickness. Is this a calibration issue?

The only thing you can calibrate on a Glowforge is the lid camera, which is not involved in the actual cutting of material. It’s purely a visual aid for you to position your design in the workspace. As for why you have more burn in one corner I’m not sure. Is the crumb tray itself dirtier there? Is the crumb tray itself not level, or not level because there’s some debris under the foot at the top right?

1 Like

I clean it every day before I start. Not sure what else could be the issue.

Like Dan mentioned, check the crumb tray itself. Especially for debris. Being out of focus could cause this symptom.

It could also be the back of your material blocking the air flow from the air assist, which is a harder problem to solve. It may not be as noticeable on the top-left side because you have a stronger exhaust flow in that area removing the smoke faster.

2 Likes

@davemeier11
I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is printing in the top right corner is burning more.

Can you post photos of a print where you are seeing this both the front and back and also let me know the date and time of the print?

Please also perform the following test print.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Yes,

I cleaned everything and it works better

Sent from Mail for Windows

@davemeier11 Glad you’re all set! I’ll go ahead and close this topic.

Please feel free to reach out if there’s anything else we can do to assist.