TOPICS for 3-day GLOWFORGE EVENT in California

The event ended yesterday.

1 Like

Oops! Hope they documented the sessions.

it feels like it was a thrown together ‘event’ not run by pro’s just a bunch of enthusiasts

they had ‘planned’ events, but as the saying goes

‘man plans, god laughs’

I don’t use Facebook. It’s not my go-to. They do have their own private event page where they share photos and topics among the registered members. I would say the bulk of the info was on Saturday, which i unfortunately had to miss.

The sessions i did record, i actually live-streamed them from my instagram account, because i couldn’t figure out how to do youtube live from my phone and not my computer. I don’t know if anyone else was recording or just me. But for the 2 sessions i recorded (i deleted the first one since i was sitting in a corner of a room and it was hard to hear, plus it was just an intro of the people who were in attendance) can be found at my IG handle above. I can’t attest for the video/sound quality, because i was on my phone.

@eflyguy the hotel event max was 60 people, and i do believe all 60 were present at one point in time. Saturday was probably 60-1(me). Sunday some people had to return home, but it was still pretty full.

I heard great things about Saturday, very put together, and Sunday was pleasant and on schedule.

I think only Friday felt like chaos to me because it was still being felt out, plus with the omtech guys there in the same room, it was hard for the presenters to do much.

I heard the omtech guys were supposed to give demonstrations, including how to use cermark, since the cermark guy was there, but the omtech guys they sent out just wanted to do a sales pitch. So in my video, you’ll definitely be getting an earful of sales pitch.

1 Like

Oh sorry. I misread. I think there were 2 former participants, one you would recognize, and 1 active forum member, a couple who tried , but the rest had never visited after setting up the glowforge.

So less than 10 definitely- could’ve been closer to 5, but i think 1 currently active-maybe. And then me.

1 Like

Sounds like a successful event. I couldn’t fit another thing in to our CA trip, but it’s just as well that I didn’t take a spot from someone who could be there for the whole thing.

1 Like

If you quit buying used/broken forges you could afford to rent a van :joy:

3 Likes

but then what would I fill it with??

2 Likes

I’m guessing frankenforge isn’t exactly small.

i’d need that van to move it, for sure!

Hi there. This is my first time back on here after getting shut down by forum regulars. All the info about the Summit was in the FB event that I thought I included here. I am so sorry I didn’t see this earlier. The event was great! 60+ people came, we had 8 presentations, 7 paint workshops and lots of discussions. Here is a video of the recap. I am planning another one July 15-17. Redirecting...

2 Likes

There is no info available unless you are a member there.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.