Train Has Left the Station!

This is absolutely wonderful. How long did it take to make all of this?

1 Like

Thanks! The water tower isnā€™t big enough for a Split. I was trying to keep it to scale. It could be taller right now the inside is 4.5"H x 4.5" R. By lengthening the side slats it could be taller.

4 Likes

@brokendrum I know, that is always the problem. That is why I love making things that I can keep adding onto.

@Marcello LOL. I could, but that means that EVERYTHING has to be increased. I was trying to cut down on board count by keeping each car to 1 board. I only failed on one. LOL

@JimmyWayneWestie HAHA -Perfect!

@KorenaMakes That is what I had in mind too!

@pauline.h.traynor Thank you! I would say mayb 9 hours total. The cars were easy, the station took a little more time. :slight_smile:

@sqw Thanks! Yeah I despise seeing joints. I only failed on the water tower roof because I couldnā€™t figure out a way to do it and be in scale. LOL

@Aloha I tried to make it in a V shape but it just wasnā€™t working without being able to cut a join on an angle. :slight_smile:

@MakerMatthew Thank you!!

@cynd11 HAHAā€¦Thanks!

@jrbryant1 Thank you! I love deconstructing things and making them work for the GF.

5 Likes

@ptodd Thank you so much!

@rbtdanforth HAHAā€¦a friend wants me to make the Colosseum. I will have to give that some thought too!

@shogun Thank you! I love making things that can have multiple uses. :slight_smile:

@rvogt Thank you so much!

@ellencadwell I like the way you think!!!

@thill452 Thank you! We all started somewhere and trust me some of my earlier pieces were a little less than stellar. LOL There are so many amazing artists in the community. Reach out if you want help, always glad to help others.

@CMadok HAHA, I have actually said that before then I start making something ā€œeasyā€ and it turns into a working train set.

@celesteprobichaux Thank you! About 9 hours total. Cutting and putting together about the same.

9 Likes

Flexible hinge?

1 Like

Possible. Itā€™s a tight tolerance, but now I need to play with the ideaā€¦thanks for that! LOL

3 Likes

Their cowcatchers catch and release (one half to each side). His catches 'em and invites them for dinner.

3 Likes

I have no words for how cool this is, soā€¦:flushed: :heart_eyes:

And Iā€™m pretty sure that the water tower is made for Christmas candy. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

That is definitely what I was thinking. HAHA

5 Likes

Jesus! I aspire to be like you. Your designs are exceptional! This is beyond bad ass.

2 Likes

Great work thank you for sharing.

1 Like

This is a work of art!

CANDY!

1 Like

You turn these magnificent works of art out so fast itā€™s actually depressing! Well done again! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

HAHA, it only seems fast. :wink: Thank you!

3 Likes

That is really nice. Where do you get the time? Good job

1 Like

HAHA, It actually didnā€™t take that long. I spend more time thinking of the design than actually drawing it. Thank you!

3 Likes

This is amazing. My father has a train village in his house and I have been wondering if I can duplicate some of this with the glowforge, but have no idea where to begin. You have done a great job.

4 Likes

Thank you and Welcome to the Community!

I would start with something easy like a house, you can definitely recreate anything - just have to think about how itā€™s going together and what scale. Use the material thickness that works best with the scale. There are so many of us here that are always around to help with questions.

1 Like

Thank you for the time and effort that you put into all of that.
I just keep scrolling back up to look at it.
You have no idea how long it took me to complete this comment.

3 Likes