Transfer Tape Dispenser

Thanks,
I build this tonight. I works great!

5 Likes

Am I the only one that downloaded the file and it didnā€™t include the sides?

I downloaded the file and I didnā€™t get any sides

That is a great practical cut! Thank you for sharing the file!

1 Like

I just downloaded the file and the sides are there. The file is called ā€œTape Dispenser5 - Sides.svgā€

2 Likes

Yep, there for me too.

2 Likes

It showed up on my 8th download. I donā€™t know how to add the pics to show you that I didnā€™t get it the 1st few downloads. Iā€™m glad I checked the responses today because I tried downloading it again and now I have it. Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Brilliant! Need to make this. Thanks for the share!

1 Like

Thank you I canā€™t wait to make this!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this great file! I just made it and am thrilled with it.
But, I have one question,. What is the purpose of the round discs?

1 Like

How about putting it on those rubber like shelf liners?

the round disks are hubs to mate the 3" inner diameter of the tape roll with the 3/4" (?) outter diameter of the PVC ā€œaxle-shaftā€

I think that could help a little, maybe with some weight on top as well, or likeā€¦ a ratchet-strap going over the box and under the table? The adhesion of the tape to the roll is just going to stronger than the slip-resistance of an unsecured box, rubber liner or no. The tape is grippier than the box is heavy.
(if you have them available, a second pair of hands would work very well.)

2 Likes

I get what you are saying. I just now finished mine up and havenā€™t tried it yet. Great design!
Will have to see what will work for me. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank @kizby for the actual design! For a 12" roll and just masking individual 12x20 sheets of things, you might be able to get away with holding the box steady with one hand while you pull with the other. I havenā€™t used this particular design, and could be transfering unfounded fears based only on kinda similar ones. Also, I am usually using a 30" roll to mask 4ā€™ - 8ā€™ long film materials, so when something goes wrong I have a lot of exposed adhesive over a lot of pricey material that will be ruined if the masking shifts mid-application. Blank wood and acrylic materials donā€™t have this issue: if you mess up while putting down masking you can just pull it up and start over.

2 Likes

Yeah, I will try it out today and see how it works for me and make any adjustments I might need to. I may not even have to make any! I love it and it is exactly what I have been looking for, so I am thrilled! Thanks so much kisby!!!

2 Likes

I figured it out, lol. The picture shown made me think they were glued underneath the top and that made no sense to me. Got it now!!!

1 Like

I hope everything worked out for you! Like jbv said, I just hold it with one hand and pull some out to lay on a 12 X 20 sheet.

kisby, I used it tonight and it worked fantastic! I love it! I just held the top with one hand and pulled the paper out and applied it to my wood. Easy peasy. I soooo appreciate you sharing this with us! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You are very welcome!

Thanks!

1 Like