Tried my hand on this 3d engraving

After seeing the post of the engravings on round boxes that now I cant find…heres my experimmt on Puduk. This was great until I tried a third pass on a super low power and burned thru the bottom. I’m full of human errors…haha. Any who …now I know. But that detail…so good!!

55 Likes

Here was my second on PG poplar.lost alot of detail with the masking. All fun experiments!!

1 Like

22 Likes

That’s absolutely gorgeous, especially on that red!

2 Likes

ROFL! I did the same thing, multiple times. (Try it on 1/4".) :smile:

3 Likes

Know where I can find puduk in 1/4. I love this wood!!

Oh, shoot…can’t remember the name of it Ocooch or something like that. (Someone here will know.) :smile:

1 Like

you just need to use a jewelers saw, or scalpel, to open up a few other low points, and pretend that you meant to do it that way :smile:

I did the Lion head in paduk and is my favorite for this sort of engraving, It is one of few woods that you can actually cut half inch material without it becoming a black mess,

2 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

$17.00 for 24"x 8" x half inch Paduk

4 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Looks great, I had fun trying it on acrylic also.

Howd that go? .guess I’ll try that out as well. Any pointers? How many passes?

(Playing with 3D and Acyrlic)
Here is my post about it.

1 Like

This is amazing. I would love to try this, but I’m still at beginner level. Hopefully, someday!

1 Like

Stunning!

1 Like

Amazing detail! Very nice!

1 Like

Detail is amazing.

1 Like

Very cool! :sunglasses:
The master carvers spent the time with the tool, we spend a fraction of that on the file, then just push a button, and stand in awe.
I agree with @rbtdanforth, that should be salvaged!

3 Likes

Gorgeous! So, this is why there is padauk sitting in my stash!

1 Like