Triskele Experiment

Very nice! :grinning:

2 Likes

Those are kewl… A site that shows how to design templates is
https://bookzoompa.wordpress.com/tag/paper-globe/

but again for a few bucks, always nice to reward an etsy designer !!!

Afterthought… these would make an interesting Advent calendar… make each one with the countdown number and put a small treat or tchotchke in each one. Or even as a gift box on its own

11 Likes

But … but … wouldn’t putting a tchotchke in an Advent calendar be considered cultural appropriation? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That is so cool!

1 Like

Do you have a link to the original GF post on the computer screen behind your paper craft ball?

Yeah, it’s from @Jules, in the Snapmarks thread:

1 Like

Hey Geek2nurse that looks amazing… very effective

1 Like

Ok, in the spirit of the season, I jumped on the bandwagon and made my own triskeleton:

Am I doing this right?

Very draft quality quick prototype.

20 Likes

Looks like you got it!

2 Likes

Looks good to me!

1 Like

So if the 140# watercolor paper wasn’t right for the experiment, what do you think will be better? I like the toasted/engraved paper look a lot!

Does the paper need to be heavier or lighter, to get the right feel to the object when it is in one’s hand?

I just did a color laser printer version of the purple flower pattern from Hattifant, on 20# laser printer paper and it feels way too fragile and light. Takes a gentle hand to hold it.

1 Like

It needs to be lighter – the heavy paper didn’t want to fold as much as it needed to.

1 Like

Very cool!

80-100 lb cardstock is a good bet for something like this. It’ll have enough structure to be crisp, but not so much bulk that the folds get impinged.

4 Likes

Are you just engraving her designs, or are you doing scores and cuts as well?

Scores and cuts, mainly. This is the only one I actually engraved. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still great, #necrogame.

5 Likes

This is just freaking awesome.

2 Likes

Wow!! I really like this!

1 Like

That is so neat!

2 Likes