Trivet

My wife had asked me to design a trivet with a bear in it to put in our RV. This is the design I came up with. The engraved bear can easily be substituted with any other graphic. This trivet was made out of 1/4" Walnut with a 1/4" Baltic Birch back and then oiled with food grade mineral oil. I put the back on it so the heat from the pan could not transfer down through the holes to burn the table.

Side View
Bear Trivet

72 Likes

Got a side (or 3/4 angle) view? Would like to see how the edges turned out.

5 Likes

Very nice share. Thank you.

7 Likes

Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

7 Likes

Lovely

7 Likes

So cute! Thank you for sharing!

7 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for sharing, it will be perfect to put in my house in Yosemite!!

7 Likes

Very nice!

5 Likes

Thank you for the share! This looks great!

4 Likes

Side view added

3 Likes

Ohhh, thank you! I love the bear.

2 Likes

That is lovely!

@evansd2’s mention of the edges makes me wonder how that would look (and would it be easier or harder to line up) with the coin milled edges that @TurboAddiction posted way back!

5 Likes

If you would like to try it, you can easily ungroup the heart pattern from the outer circle and then delete that circle. The outer circle is 8", so you could then add the coin milled edge at 8" and check it out.

2 Likes

I love animals & you did an excellent job on designing. Well done.

4 Likes

That’s really well-executed, thank you!
Now I want to make some trivets for my dining room :grin:

5 Likes

big THANK YOU

Keep Creating

2 Likes

Wonderful design, thank you for sharing! The bear is perfect!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Thats cute. Well done, it looks great!

2 Likes

That’s really nice, and another “duh!” moment for me. I’ve had this laser for years and it never even occurred to me to use it for this. I’ve been throwing an ugly old potholder on the table.

8 Likes