Trophy nameplates

ok so i purchased someLasermax Rowmark Black and White 2Ply 1/32Acrylic to make some Trophy plaques someone suggested Johnson Plastic Plus so I was wondering if someone can give me some imformation on the Settings for this product, Any help will be appreciated

2 Likes

Are you only looking at acrylic or are you open to materials like anodized aluminum? Here is a trophy I did with anodized aluminum.

But if you are looking for setting still for the acrylic then I suggest the search feature and there are a few beyond the manual topics with settings. Thats the only place of the forums where we can post non proof grade settings
https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Johnson%20Plastic%20Plus

7 Likes

no im using Acrylic

Okay, then yes, the settings are posted in the beyond the manual section.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

im not experienced with computers so this is all new to glowforge but we are learning

2 Likes

Well there is no shortage or learning with this machine :slight_smile:

yeah we have been making Acrylic LED Signs and they are turning out nice. Dont Know how to post pictures

1 Like

Click this button (highlighted in the photo below) in the field that pops up when you click reply and you can upload photos :slight_smile:

ok thank you i will try that

1 Like

cant seem to get into my pictures

1 Like

Hum, well you can also drag and drop photos into the text field.

so does your GF cut through the metal

1 Like

I have moved this out of Problems and Support as we can only discuss settings for non Proofgrade materials in the Beyond the Manual section of the forum.

A search of the forum turned up this thread. Rowmark acrylic - #4 by brokendrum

1 Like

No, it is just etching the top of the aluminum plate. I order the plates from Online Metal or naptags:

Glowforge does not cut or engrave metal. It is not powerful enough. It can only mark metal if appropriate chemicals are used (cermark for one, find others in a search) or if the metal is anodized or painted it can remove the coating.

3 Likes

can you order them in certain sizes

I always feel bad not asking if the poster wants it moved before moving it.

Yup! Both those links should take you to the pages and you can select the size you want or request a custom size on online metal.

im new at this so i dont know the difference,

1 Like

No problem. Posting in Problems and Support opens a support ticket for Glowforge personnel to address. This clearly is not something that they can discuss.

1 Like