Trouble adding artwork from glowforge app

I am having problems with adding artwork from the app that I have uploaded in the past. Is there something new that I missed?

I click add…and it goes back to the app screen but it’s not there and still saying add artwork.

Sigh, for some folks seems not to be an issue, but I’ve had issues since day 1 with the correct artwork uploading matching the file I click on. But in my 2+ years I’ve not pursued my issue as I just always go to my own folders to upload what I need, even if have uploaded many times before since it’s faster than trying to find something in my library in the GFUI…

But not to say there isn’t something GF may be able to help with! It is annoying, for sure!

If you have already uploaded the file, it should be in your design library. If it is not in the design library, you can always just drag the file onto the dashboard - but it won’t be in the library unless you upload and open.

1 Like

I can’t find a few files…funny how that happens.

I’ve not usually had prolbems with uploading but my files are really small. Are your larger files?

It is already there…it just doesn’t come down to the GFU. At least I can see the graphic in the library…I can select it…the gfu opens and then it’s not there. I scrolled all around because sometimes they are just not where you can see them.

Zoom way out and look in the upper left hand corner.

The file is saved in the last configuration, if you deleted the file from the bed to clear it - it’s gone.

1 Like

Most are quite small, actually…

So even if I uploaded a file 30 days ago and used it…It would not be usable from the library again? I hope not because I was hoping for that as a backup when I can’t remember what I saved something under.

I think I might have bugging internet today at least I hope that’s it because my machine is not cutting through again. It does it at the beginning of the cut…like the laser needs to warm up…?? It’s 70 in here…

If you deleted the image from the bed, the empty bed is what was saved in the library. If you didn’t delete the file from the bed, it should still be in your library with your last settings.

3 Likes

It’s generally a bad idea to depend on the design library exclusively to save all of your work. It’s too easy to delete or modify things unintentionally, settings sometimes get removed, etc.

Yes, it’s supposed to save all your designs and settings but it doesn’t always work out that way.

3 Likes

I do save them them…I was just hoping the uploaded ones would be a backup. I did not realize that if you change them in the gfu or delete them from the GFU that it would alter or delete. Thats so sad…lol.

I need to start working from the same computer all the time…since I’m not syncing up correctly.

I woke up during the night and thought…oh…that’s what he meant. lol. I think I have some AD going on.

They generally are. I have one design I’ve been playing with for months that is still there. However, after having a massive amount of work with custom settings lost from the dashboard, I went ahead and deleted everything of my own from there and just started taking detailed notes and better organizing my files locally.

2 Likes

@Mckinzy, I’m sorry about the trouble when using the design library. I’m glad to see that you’ve already received some good information from some of our other community members about how changes which are made to designs in your library are automatically saved. Thanks folks!

Earlier in the thread you mentioned something about material not cutting through:

When this happened, were you using Proofgrade material? If so, is your unit still having trouble cutting through Proofgrade?

To cut successfully, there are three important things to check. First, your material must lie flat. This requires a clean, properly installed crumb tray and flat materials. Second, there must be no obstructions, dirt, or damage preventing the laser light from reaching your material. Third, your design must be set up properly - for example, with lines that are fully on the material and that are set to cut. It’s hard to know which issue might be affecting your print, but if you follow the instructions in the cut-through troubleshooter, we’ll be able to get to the bottom of it.

Once you’ve inspected and cleaned, please try another print. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on that Proofgrade Draftboard and let me know the result. If it doesn’t print well, please let me know the date and time of your print and send photos of the front and back of the print.

Please let us know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.