Trouble getting on-line

Since yesterday I have not been able to get my GF Pro on-line. It centers and homes and once even recognized that the lid was open, but remains off-line. I’ve cleaned, turned it off and on and restarted my browser and then my computer. I’m going to try another computer. I now use a MacBook Pro and safari. What can I do to get this machine started?

I was having similar problems last night. Shut it down (for at least a minute), and cycle your router…that’s what worked for me.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate. Your Glowforge was able to connect successfully to your network, but it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message.

The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.

1. Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
  2. Turn off your Glowforge
  3. Unplug your modem
  4. Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
  5. Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:

1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
    Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
  • Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
  • Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
  • Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
  • Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
  • Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
  1. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
    If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I have tried all of these, but I will do each of them again. I will let you know.

Although I had already done the first suggestion, I did it again and this time it worked. I don’t know what the difference was. So anyway I’m back on line. Thank you for your help.

Thanks for letting us know. I’m glad to hear that!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!